State of affairs: RKD Research
With the launch of RKD Research, there are even more opportunities for digital art history research. At the end of 2023, millions of extra data came online. The launch was not entirely without hitches: some data are temporarily not visible and some functionalities do not yet work optimally. Improvements are being made every week. In this newsitem you will find the latest state of affairs regarding RKD Research.
Searching the databases
- It is possible again to search all databases simultaneously.
- The links between the various databases are being improved step by step.
- The detail presentation of the databases are becoming more complete. This week, the detail pages of RKDartists, RKDlibrary and RKDexcerpts are more comprehensive by adding fields and search filters.
- Most images are available for anyone to download at low resolution. With an RKD Research subscription, you can also download the copyright-free images at high resolution. To do so, use the download button.
- More and more images are becoming available. A significant amount of the images have to pass an AVG check before they can be shown. These images can already be viewed on the RKD's study room.
- At RKDtechnical the images are missing and the pdf's are not available.
- RKDarchives is temporarily not available. The inventory in pdf form can be find in RKDcollections. In this way, it remains possible to request archives. The digitised archives are temporarily unavailable. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for possibilities to still consult the archives (digital or analogue).
We ask everyone's understanding for imperfections during the transition. We are working hard to solve these problems. Should you get stuck with an urgent research question, please get in touch. Data has not disappeared, but will be added incrementally in the first half of 2024. Work is also underway to refine the search function so that RKD Research does function optimally.